Friday 5 October 2012

Drawing of The Chequers Billericay

illustration of Chequers Billericay
The Chequers Billericay
 

The Chequers in Billericay, Essex, the town of my birth. My good friend rented Chequers Cottage, seen down the side of this picture at the rear of the pub for a year or two, selling art, frames and collectors cards and shared the space with a lovely lady that sold amber jewellery.

This original drawing of The Chequers Billericay was one of several of Billericay High Street - I had a frantic spell 20 years ago sketching and the drawings and illustrations are very nostalgic for me and capture the essence of Billericay as I saw it. This particular scene is at Billericay's heart. It has seen a lot of events in its history - special for me were the Billericay Town F.C. F.A. Vase victorious homecomings of the late 1970's.

More drawings to come so do follow my pages.


Please Choose
Chequers, 44 High Street, Billericay, Essex.
Hand signed A4 Print of pen and marker sketch on Bockingford 190gsm watercolour paper £14.99
© Robert R Wisdom www.theartofengland.co.uk 2012